Tuesday, March 29, 2011
Progress!
So in the last week or so I've decided to keep reminding myself of the saying, "Slow and steady wins the race." Mostly because our progress has indeed been slow and arguably steady (I'm fudging on that one a lot...). Here is what we've gotten done:
Adam mowed the lawn for the first time! And yes, I was standing out there taking pictures of him (which he loved, of course). Unfortunately, our lawn is about 80% grass and 20% bare patches at this point, so by the time he was done he was COVERED in dirt. I had to laugh, although he didn't find it as funny. Not surprising, his future yard work plans include putting some new grass seed down so we can actually have more of a lawn and less of a dirt pit. According to our neighbors the previous owners didn't really like to keep up with the yard/landscaping. Shocking, I know.
We actually finished raking out this entire bed! It's officially the first project we've started AND finished at this point. Well, if you don't count the other beds that still need raking that is....we ended up getting 24 bags of leaves out of this one alone. Thank God for Adam's mom owning a truck!
Somehow I got stuck inside even though it was gorgeous weather....so I primed all the back sides of our cabinet doors. This was my first painting project in the house. I'm not very experienced but I think I did pretty well. It took 3 coats of Kilz to cover the black paint...now I just have to do the other side! I also really enjoyed using our sun room for this. With all the windows open it was actually really nice. I can't wait to use it for relaxation instead of work!
After finishing the cabinet doors I moved on to the upper cabinets in the main part of the kitchen. I made Adam take a picture so we could document all of our hard work. I look like a cheese ball. I know.
I got all of the upper cabinets primed with the first coat by the end of the weekend. I was pretty proud. I also could no longer grip after I was done holding onto rollers/brushes for two days straight. My forearms were killing me! I also managed to somehow give my hamstrings a workout, not sure how. All I know is that they were (and kind of still are) super sore too. Guess all this work is a good workout huh? Or maybe I'm just getting old. Oh, and you may notice those excellent tiles that were on the wall as a back splash are gone. Mom & Dad, you'd be proud. I made a heat gun out of my hair dryer and pried them right off. Go me!
And finally, these are the remnants of our first meal in our new home! We thought about taking a picture while we were still eating but we were both so exhausted we couldn't muster up the energy to do it. And yes, we ate on the fireplace. And yes, those are our current household decorations. Every home needs a minion, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment